Institutional Web Management Workshop 2010
Parallel Session A10: My superpower is content curation. What's yours?
- A10: My superpower is content curation. What's yours?
- Session Tag:
- Monday 12th July 2010 16:00-17:30
- Relly Annett-Baker, Content Strategist, Headscape.
- So many websites have content that is mismatched, mismanaged or a plain old mish mash and they need nothing short of a superhero to sort them out! Well, good news! In this session become the superhero of your website content and start a ruckus against that villain ROT (redundant, outdated or trivial content)! Your training will include a superfast rundown of content curation and strategy, with supertools and heroic tasks to take away.
- Learning objectives:
- By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- assess good content vs bad content against set goals
- create content of all kinds to meet user needs
- try out tricks of the content creation trade, including writing exercises to take back home
- wear their content pants outside their tights with pride
Deangate Barn, Holbury Lane,
Phone: +44 (0) 1252 843155
Relly Annett-Baker lives in Brighton with her husband and two small sons. As a result, she thrives on the sea air and can be guaranteed to stand on Lego at least once a day. As well as being the Content Strategist for Headscape, she is employed as live-in domestic staff by two cats who make editorial suggestions such as 'I think it's dinner time'. In between opening cans of Whiskas and writing for clients she frequently pens articles, argues on the Boagworld podcast and reads Japanese manga.
A video interview with Relly Annett-Baker, the workshop facilitator, is available on the IWMW 2010 blog.