Institutional Web Management Workshop 2011:
Responding to Change
Parallel Sessions B3: The Economical way to Amplify Your Event
- B3: The Economical way to Amplify Your Event
- Session Tag:
- Wednesday 27th July 2011 at 11:00 - 12:30
- Marieke Guy and Brian Kelly, UKOLN.
- Palmer G.03 (Ground Floor)
All institutions are involved in providing events, ranging from international conferences through to smaller and more informal seminars and workshops.
The Web team are often involved in supporting these events by delivering resources, streaming content and promoting outputs. However there's rarely any extra budget for these activities....which can be a problem!
This session will consider:
- What you need to do to successfully amplify an event (ideas include effective use of slides, images, twitter, blogs etc. videoing and streaming content etc.)
- The free and not-so-free tools that are out there for you to use (e.g. Ustream, Bambuser, Lanyrd, Elluminate, Panopto, Big Blue Button etc.)
- The equipment it would be useful to have (e.g. camera, phone etc.) ~ What issues you will need to bear in mind (e.g. copyright, quality etc.)
It will also consider event amplification at IWMW and look at what has worked and what hasn't worked over the past few years.
The session will encourage interaction and attendees will be invited to share experiences and tips. It is also hoped that the session will be live streamed and delegates will be able to experiment with some of the possible tools.
|Introduction||About the session||MG|
|Amplified Events: Why and What?||Slides: Understanding the concepts||MG (10 min)|
|Sharing Experiences||Group discussion||All (20 min)|
|Amplified Events: How and When?||Slides: How to provide or participate in an amplified event||MG (30 min)|
|Opportunities and Concerns||Group discussion||All (15 min)|
|Amplified Events: The Issues||Slides: Dealing with concerns and institutional approaches||BK (15 min)|
- Amplified Events: Why and What? [MS PowerPoint format]
Amplified Events: How and When? [MS PowerPoint format]
Amplified Events: The Issues [MS PowerPoint format]
Please note that these presentations are also available on the Slideshare repository and embedded below.