Institutional Web Management Workshop 2011:
Responding to Change
Parallel Sessions A1: Accessibility, Inclusiveness and the Mobile Web
- A1: Accessibility, Inclusiveness and the Mobile Web
- Session Tag:
- Tuesday 26th July 2011 at 15:30 - 17:00
- Richard Prowse, Bournemouth University and Sharon Steeples, University of Essex.
- Palmer 1.05 (First Floor)
As more and more people turn to smartphones to access the web, institutional web managers are presented with a number of challenges.
In this session we will examine the role of the mobile web versus apps, and how - we can begin to form a solution - by focusing on the needs of our users, combined with the principles of responsive design.
In this session you will learn:
- why we need to extend our definition of accessibility.
- the importance of putting mobile first.
- the role of responsive design in developing a truly inclusive web.
- how HTML5/CSS3 can help.
- why apps still have a place.
This presentation is available on the Slideshare repository and embedded below.