Institutional Web Management Workshop 2011:
Responding to Change
Talks P2: Marketing and Other Dirty Words
- P2: Marketing and Other Dirty Words
- Session Tag:
- Tuesday 26th July 2011 11:45-12:30
- Amber Thomas, JISC.
Your university has an institutional repository, releases some open educational resources, makes podcasts, digitises some library resources, and hosts academics blogs. How can these have maximum impact? How can they be effectively presented to aid in marketing and recruitment, and to increase engagement with the world outside the university? This session will bring together key messages from marketing, social media around content, usage tracking and strategy, with ideas for how we can:
- present our intellectual assets online to get maximum effect.
- Understand the range of intellectual assets that can be valuable in marketing your institution
- Be aware of a range of sources of expertise and support Identify three areas for improvement in your institution's management of its intellectual assets
Please note that the presentation is also available on the Slideshare repository and embedded below.
View this video on Vimeo.
Note that additional information about this talk is available on the IWMW 2011 Lanyrd page.