Institutional Web Management Workshop 2012:
Workshop session A2: Experiences in user centred design at the University of Edinburgh
- A2: Experiences in user centred design at the University of Edinburgh
- Session Tag:
- Monday 18th June 2012 from 11:00-12:30
- Neil Allison, University of Edinburgh.
Neil Allison has been working to raise the profile of user centred design principles and techniques over the past 6 years at the University of Edinburgh.
Neil will go through the things he has tried - what's worked and what's not been so successful - with who and on what.
Neil's work has involved techies and non-techies, software development, websites, email comms and business processes.
At the end of this session participants should:
- Understand what UCD is and its benefits.
- Have an awareness of UCD techniques and where to turn to for free help and resources.
- Know a few more people in HE who share a similar philosophy for potential follow up and knowledge sharing.
Note 25 people registered to date (12 June 2012).