Institutional Web Management Workshop 2012:
Talks P2: Open Data Development in the City of Edinburgh Council
- Open Data Development in the City of Edinburgh Council
- Session Tag:
- Tuesday 19th June 2012 from 09:00-09:45
- Sally Kerr, City of Edinburgh Council and Suraj Kika, Jadu.
With the launch of the Scottish Digital Participation Group open data development has fresh motivation in Scotland. A number of Scottish Councils are working with open data already, and the current NESTA Make It Local Scotland project initiative is a lead innovator in supporting growth. The City of Edinburgh Council is working closely with a number of partners to develop its approach, with a key aim to deliver real value. The talk will include:
- Open Data in Scotland - the context for Local Government and the challenges councils face.
- How the City of Edinburgh Council is approaching these challenges and developing projects using open data.
- How the Jadu system uses its API to deliver open data: case study of Litchfield District Council.
- The NESTA 'Make It Local Scotland' initiative - how Edinburgh is using open data and code to deliver its project.
- This plenary talk was mentioned
in a tweet
posted on 1 June 2012:
Opening talk on day 2 at #IWMW12 describes Open Data Development by City of Edinburgh Council: http://t.co/OEO5KwAy
Please note that the presentation is also available on the Slideshare repository and embedded below.
A video recording of this talk is available on Vimeo and embedded below.
Note that additional information about this talk is available on the IWMW 2012 Lanyrd page.