Institutional Web Management Workshop, IWMW 2013
Workshop Session A1: Digital Storytelling
- A1: Digital Storytelling
- Session Tag:
- Wednesday 26th June 2013 from 16:00-17:30
- Steve Boneham and Hanna Miettinen, Jisc Netskills, Newcastle Unversity
With squeezes on resources in the education sector it is becoming increasingly important for organisations to demonstrate the impact of the work they do. When done well, digital storytelling offers an innovative and engaging way to communicate in a more meaningful way with audiences both inside and beyond an institution.
Netskills, based at Newcastle University, has been helping Jisc-funded technology-inspired change projects to tell their stories. In this session we will share the lessons learned from this. We will consider the potential of digital storytelling in supporting organisational change, how teams can identify important narratives in their work and how they can find an authentic, personal voice whilst balancing corporate responsibilities.
Participants will have the opportunity to plan and create a short digital story using provided or captured media and web-based tools.
Outcomes: by the end of the session participants will have:
- Considered the potential of digital storytelling for teams and organisations.
- Applied proven techniques to the planning and development of a digital story.
- Evaluated a range of tools for creating a digital story.
Workshop Session Page on Lanyrd
Further information about this session is available on Lanyrd. If you attend this session or would like to track it feel free to join the Lanyrd entry.