Institutional Web Management Workshop, IWMW 2013
This page provides information about technologies which participants may wish to use at the IWMW 2013 event. The page provides information about connecting to the WiFi network and using applications at the event including Twitter, Bizzabo and Lanyrd.
The University of Bath provides support for Eduroam. BUCS (Bath University Computer Services) provide advice for using Eduroam.
If you have not used Eduroam before, you should configure your Eduroam settings at your host institution. In case you have any problems when you arrive at the University of Bath you should note that the following settings are required:
|Encryption||WPA2 AES (enterprise)|
|Authentication||Protected EAP (PEAP)|
If your host institution does not support Eduroam we will have a limited number of usernames and passwords to access the WiFi network. Note you will have to sign a form agreeing to the local terms and conditions before you are provided with a username and password.
As in previous years we will be using Twitter to support the event. Please note the following:
- The Twitter hashtag for the event is '#iwmw13'.
- The official IWMW Twitter account is '@iwmw'. Feel free to follow this account. We may follow you back which would allow us to send you direct messages (DMs). We will only do this in there is a legitimate need to do so.
- We hope to provide an official live Twitter stream of the plenary talks. This will be provided by the '#iwmwlive' account.
- We will also set up a iwmw13 Twitter list.
The Bizzabo app is being used to provide a mobile friendly programme and communications environment for the event. has been set up. As described in a blog post entitled This Year's Experiment at #IWMW13 - the Bizzabo Mobile Event App this will provide an opportunity to gain experience of use of an event app on their mobile device.
You can view details or download the app, as described below.
- A calendar of the sessions
- A mobile-friendly version of the event information
- A social network based on your Twitter ID, so that you can see which of your followers are attending the events - and other events they have attended.
- A means of recording your participation at previous IWMW events.