Institutional Web Management Workshop, IWMW 2013
Talks A8: Technical Project Management: Top Tips for Our Times
- A8: Technical Project Management: Top Tips for Our Times
- Session Tag:
- Wednesday 26th June 2013 from 16:00-17:30
- Thom Bunting, UKOLN
What are the golden rules for successful management of technology projects? No matter whether your technical projects involve small, incremental developments or large, complex change programmes, knowing how to define and apply contextually appropriate project management principles is important in each case.
This workshop (based in a computer lab to facilitate development of collaborative notes) will provide an opportunity for participants to consider and discuss how to manage technical projects effectively across a range of scenarios:
- Selecting traditional / agile methods and tailoring key principles to the project environment
- Identifying and managing business, supplier, and user stakeholder requirements / interests
- Defining and monitoring continual business justification (with a focus on tracking of measurable benefits both during and beyond technical development stages of the project)
As economic circumstances are likely to make it increasingly important for tech development projects to deliver with 'good value for money' within agreed time, quality, and scope, this workshop is designed to help you focus on those core principles of technical project management that can help your projects consistently produce successful results in challenging contexts.
Workshop Session Page on Lanyrd
Further information about this session is available on Lanyrd. If you attend this session or would like to track it feel free to join the Lanyrd entry.