Institutional Web Management Workshop, IWMW 2013
Plenary Talk P5: Adapting to Responsive Web Design
- P5: Adapting to Responsive Web Design
- Session Tag:
- Wednesday 26th June 2013 from 09:45-10:30
- David Cornforth, JISC infoNet.
Adapting to responsive web design has required a complete redefinition of how we approach the web at Jisc infoNet. It's had an effect on every part of the service; not just in web development but from content management and creating resources, to our processes, workflows and how we manage web projects.
Most importantly, it's highlighted the need to work more closely together; specifically to tackle large-scale responsive redesigns.
In this talk David will share Jisc infoNet's story, explore the challenges they faced and offer some lessons learned in designing and adopting responsive web design.
This talk is aimed at helping cross-disciplinary teams with some of the challenges we faced in adopting a responsive approach to our recent large-scale redesign:
- Designers - to think in proportion, not pixels
- Developers - a foundation for building websites mobile-first
- Content producers - updating your processes and tools for managing content that embraces the changing face of the web
- Product owners/managers - creating the right culture and shared vision to bring responsive websites to life
[MS PowerPoint format]
Please note that the presentation is also available on the Slideshare repository and embedded below.
Also note that a video recording of the four talks in the morning session is also available.
Lanyrd Page About This Plenary Talk
Further information about this plenary talk is available on Lanyrd. If you attend this talk or would like to track it feel free to join the Lanyrd entry.